Our Safety Program
DeBra-Kuempel has implemented two of its own safety programs to motivate safe work habits, and to improve quality and productivity in our everyday operations.
"Five Life-Saving Rules"
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Reminds us to use goggles, protective headgear, gloves, and other safety equipment properly.
- Lockout/Tagout Helps ensure that all systems with potentially hazardous energy stored in them have been locked out and tagged prior to construction or maintenance activities.
- Fall Protection Encourages effective use of guard rails, scaffolds, ladders, and other devices.
- Confined Space Keeps us aware of atmospheric contaminants, explosive gases or vapors that may engulf and harm those working in spaces where entry and exit are restricted and/or prolonged occupancy is not intended.
- Electrical Safety Emphasizes the dangers presented by live power lines, frayed or damaged electrical wires, and other electrical hazards
Ongoing Safety Program
Enforced by four full-time DeBra-Kuempel safety personnel, this program includes:
- Safety Training Courses – one-hour training classes held monthly
- Tool Box Talks – implemented weekly with sign-off sheets
- Jobsite Hazard Avoidances – available for every task we complete
- Pre-Task Job Assessment – completed prior to the start of each new job, providing an awareness of any jobsite hazard
- Safety Reports – safety managers complete this report during jobsite visits, providing documentation of efforts to keep every employee safe and every jobsite secure.