As Safety Director at DeBra-Kuempel, Mike is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to continually improve the company’s safety performance and support its drive toward zero injuries. His primary responsibilities include continuously developing of behavior-based safety culture, oversight of the company’s safety and health program, site safety pre-planning and compliance, and coordinating company management and field personnel to help insure the health and safety of DeBra-Kuempel employees.
Mike has a “hands-on” approach to implementing safety practices that prevent injury and property damage and is instrumental in training managers and field personnel on the latest safe construction practices. Mike believes that pre-planning, site logistics, and a process of continual assessment throughout each stage of construction are key to employee and project safety.
Mike has 18 years of experience in the construction industry, primarily working in the heavy construction, industrial, and commercial industries.
Throughout the years, Mike has been a member of a number of state construction safety committees and attained many relevant certifications and training, including:
- 30-Hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Certification Certified Lead Renovator through the Environmental Protections Agency (EPA)
- Licensed Asbestos Building Inspector
- US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) EM 385-1-1 Training
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Training
- Various OSHA environmental, safety, and health training, including many certifications through the State of Michigan
- CPR and First Aid Certification